- Focus on my writing goals
- Share lessons I have learned along the way
- Keep momentum up on my work(s) in progress
- Host contests along with my fabulous fictionistas Ruth, Kern, Jenn and Stacey (love you ladies!)
- Join blog hops and flash fiction contests
- Obsess about Greek Mythology
- Ponder mental health issues
- Critique films
It's all very cathartic but ever so slightly random.
So when the lovely Aimee Duffy suggested a blog focused on romance I thought, "What the heck! Why not?"
|CC licensed image by fidgetrainbowtree|
For the last year my romance writing has been kept on track by four very special ladies:
Jessica Baker, my wonderful critique partner, who writes witty and sensual historical romance
Incy Black, a super smart writer of fast paced romantic thrillers
Aimee Duffy, who writes steamy modern romance
JM Stewart, who writes sweet and spicy heartfelt romance
All talented, all different, all slogging their guts out to write the best possible romances for their readers.
Every Thursday we share 100 words of our work in progress with each other in what Jessica dubbed The Dashing 100.
We each have different strengths, styles and very different voices but we have two things in common: we devour romance and we create romance.
We are in fact, complete romanchics (geddit? Incy's idea).
Here it is.
In glorious technicolor.
With wit, wisdom and passion in our pens.
May I proudly present.....
Five writers dashing to their happily ever afters!