If you aren't following his blog you should. His writing is dark, funny and original. If you aren't following him on Twitter you should. His tweets are dark, funny and original.
Jeffrey got awarded a sunshine award by the ever lovely Afsaneh K and you know what? He passed on the torch. So here's my shot at telling you ten Little Known Facts about myself.
Ten surprising / Obscure / Unknown Facts About Me
1. In my early youth I had a mean line in Tony Curtis and Kirk Douglas impressions from The Vikings to the Sons of Taras Bulba. I spent a fair bit of time galloping up and down the kitchen shouting, "over the canyon!"
2. I used to make silver foil shoes for fairies and leave them on the window sill. The fae must have disdained my design skills. They never picked them up.
3. The only language at which I excelled was Ancient Greek. I got a first. Can't even read the alphabet now :-(
4. When I was at school I came second in an audition to star in a BBC drama, thus missing out on my chance for child stardom. Oh How Different it might all have been.
5. My parents are strict catholics and named me after a woman who was crushed under a barn door and then had her hand cut off. Sadly for them I don't aspire to follow her example.
6. My life is punctuated by Momentous Moments In Science. When I was born, my mum shared a ward with the mum of the World's First Test Tube baby. This year, I shared my birthday with the Higgs Boson. One day I'm going to find out I'm Bionic. Or an android. Or genetically mutated. One can only hope.
7. I've given birth once and my waters never broke. My baby was born underwater still in her caul which means she's magical and mysterious and destined for greatness. Like I didn't know that already.
8. I took classics A-level purely based on my love for Clash of the Titans. I'm still completely obsessed with classics so it's fair to say that Harry Hamlyn changed my life.
9. When I moved to Scotland a fortune teller told me that I should stop drinking fizzy drinks (I don't, never did), plant a rose bush and become a landscape gardener. I don't frequent fortune tellers.
10. I still sometimes check the back of wardrobes to see if I might get into Narnia. You just never know.
Now to spread the sunshiney love.... wouldn't you like to know these people better?
Rachel Brown (@brownrach)
Sophie Moss (@SMossWrites)
J D Wenzel (@JDWenzel)
Laura Ward (@magic8track)
J T Vancouver (@JTVancouver)
Patricia Clift Martin (@pmcblonde)
Melpomene Selemidis (@melpomuse)
Chris Ledbetter (@Chris_Ledbetter)
Laura Shamas (@LauraShamas)