The more I open myself up to opportunity, the more my horizons open.
I get ideas.
I get inspiration.
I stop telling myself "can't" or "one day" and say "can" and "take one step". I allow myself to daydream. Hell I deliberately daydream. I purposefully daydream. I go out of my way to daydream. And the more I do, the more I want to do.
So without further ado, a dynamic list. 10 things I want to do before I die (assuming fate gives me a good innings and decent health).
The Rules: all things on the list need to be within my control - not dependent on someone else. So no holding my grandchild in my arms, seeing my daughter do X, Y and Z sort of things on this list. That's her life. This is mine.
1. Get a story published. Not even necessarily a book, just a story. I think this is achievable.
3. Write a short story. A good one.
4. Turn a cartwheel.
5. Learn how to draw Like Wot They Do in graphic novels.
6. Produce a series of artworks / photographs inspired by my writing. I've already started this and didn't even know that that is what I'm doing.
7. Learn a language or three. Preferably a dead one. Classical Greek would be nice. I made a start on this and gave up in the decade of giving up and getting lost AKA my twenties. One day I will start again.
8.Get clear of debt. All debt. Be financially indebted to noone and nothing.
9. Go somewhere really snowy to see the Northern lights. This place would be nice.
10. Transform something, or someone for the better. This relates to my other life.